Any body testing Cranesong Phonenix II VST3 plugins?

http://cranesong.com/phoenix_II_beta_download.html
I tested this plugin during my show, but after updating the software to version 1.1.1 and the engine firmware to version 1.1.0, it stopped working. It gets stuck when adding the plugin to a strip.

Some plugins get stuck, which I think might be due to a license checking issue.

Softube plugins work great, but sometimes they get stuck when adding plugins.
SSL plugins work perfectly, and I love them.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this! Sorry you’ve been having problems.

A couple of things to maybe try with plugins in this situation:

• ‘Test Run’ the plugin to ensure that licensing is all good.
  • Smite the plugin and then un-smite it.
  • Click on the chain and select ‘Restart Chain’

We will add it to our database and line it up for testing in due course.

I had the exact same issue, with that plugin, smite/un-smite did not help.
It would be great if it could be added to the database, because it’s one of my most used plugins.

Of course i did.
Passed plugin testing.
but When I added plugin to channel strip …

get stuck … and When I deleted that plugin on channel strip. everything going normal.

so, looks like issue of plugins. but sometime
that plugin really working good. but after update to 1.1.1 version. no more wokring …

Thanks for the update both - sorry to hear you’re having problems.

Is the plugin fully licenced with PACE iLok? Does any iLok dialogue window open when you Test Run, and if so, what does it say?

While it is only a beta product as far as I can tell, we will of course work to ensure compatibilty.

During the testing,
Just passed. and I can see OK. dialog box.
definitly looks like no issue.

of course, this plugin using ilok license.

Thanks. Does the dialogue open every time you Test Run the plugin?

Nop. When turn on device, (before turn on device, I put on license to USB port) Everything OK. I can’t found any error message before adding plugin to channel strip. (actually, at this time also device did’t shown any error message. just looks like getting stuck. long time … and remove this, system going.

Understood. And if you Test Run the plugin, and then try to load it, does it then work?

Before 1.1.1 software. it’s working.
but now, not working. just get stuck.

Hello, no problems. Transform Client 1.1.1

Yes. This plugin was working.
but, many of time in my situation I got stuck whole system.
and affect to other channels strip and reason of this systems goes to stuck.

Hey mrpaman,

Could you take a screen recording of what you mean? And send us your showfile as well if that’s ok. We haven’t been able to recreate but that’s not to say there isn’t a problem, it would be great to recreate your setup.

If easier, you can send it to support@fourieraudio.com.

Thanks,

Elliot

I already sent screen recording and log files.
that files data is other plugin but same issues.

I contacted to support team
by email few more days ago.

Support only received your log files unfortunately. No screen recording or show file was sent. If these could be sent, that would be great.

This will help us greater understand your problem and find a resolution as soon as possible!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/am4xwzgmelzvl14uykxps/IMG_5187.MOV?rlkey=j5fpd2ouetx5t9cip333txm4f&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7bm69aq8g60eijfjebm7i/IMG_5186.MOV?rlkey=8op3jhgomhz5rashaawqbgb2r&dl=0

Hey mrpaman,

We can’t replicate the issue you are experiencing in your videos. Are you able to reset the plugin host and try installing them again?

I did. I’ll send my show file. soon

Hey,
I just tested the Cranesong Phoenix II with the new 1.2 Software.
The issue:
If I load the phoenix plugin to an empty channel strip alone, it works perfectly.
As soon as I load any other plugin to the same channel strip(before or after phoenix) it stops working and the small thunder icon appears on every plugin on the channel.
Hope this helps to solve the issue because it would be great to use that plugin in the near future.

1 Like

okay, I don’t know what happened, but now it’s working anywhere in the chain. :slight_smile: