Fourier momentary high CPU usage

Hi everyone

The tour that I tech on has been trying out a Fourier Transform engine at monitors and we’ve been running it via an A&H Dante 128x128 card at 96khz

We’ve only been running 5 instances of Waves API 2500 V14 but have been experiencing momentary high CPU usage on certain cores for a few seconds resulting in some clicks. When the CPU usage falls back to normal the clicks go away.

Dante controller is showing no clocking errors with the A&H card as the master (synced to external) and the Fourier clocking off of Dante. I’ve got both card and fourier set to 1ms latency but the issue seems to be on the CPU side of things from my fault finding.

Does anyone have any suggestions, experienced this before or anything else to try?

I’m very new to the unit so not sure if this may be a waves process running in the background or something on the Fourier side but it resulted in audible clicks corresponding with the cpu usage spike.

Will upload a quick video!

Are you on the latest version of software and firmware? This was an issue on mine with reporting spikes before updating to latest.

We’re aware that these momentary spikes can still occur. We’re fairly sure it’s spurious, i.e. there’s not an actual load spike occurring, but it’s a fault in how we’re measuring the load in the audio engine. We’re investigating potential fixes at the moment and will let you know once we have more to report!

I have the same phenomenon! First an audio crack then the DSP load rises.

I have had this every now and again, like every sort of 20 minutes or so and it causes a micro glitch in audio when the dsp spike occurs. I can’t figure out what plugin is causing it - deffo need a per channel dsp meter.

Me Too. raise up DSP to peak and have issue on sound also.

I have the same issue.

For everyone else having the same issue are you also running waves? Would be interesting to remove all instances of Waves and see if the problem still persists to narrow down the issue. I’m not with the unit for a few weeks sadly.

In my case, I don’t use Waves.

1 Like