Maybe a "plugin tested" category?

Maybe the forum can be expanded with a plugin tested? category where users can post if they installed, activated and ran plug-in ?
So You guys can easily keep track and update the plugin database?

Or is there already a standard way to do this that i am not aware of?
When the number of users increases the number of used or try to use plugin will probably rapidly increase:)

regards,

Rob

Hey Rob,

There currently isn’t but that is a great idea!

Let me discuss with the team how we could implement this.

Many thanks,

Elliot

Have the samplicity bundle installed and running.
Use the seven heaven in a showsetup for three days now, and it seems fine but requested it for testing for confirmation.

(like with the black audio silencer, Running two in the showfile daily for more than a week, no problems, but a forum member reported dsp issues if you run 7 of them)

This kind of info/updates would be useful in a forum categorie on a thread per plugin name.
Maybe Your global information behind the “contact support” in the plugin database could also go there, so not everyone has comes up with the question why does lx 480 work and the other relays not ect :grinning:
Could help the community with pinponting issues per plugin and sharing plugin specific issues fairly quick, i guess,

regards,

Rob

Hey Rob,

Just had chance to test these and added them to our database, they all worked correctly.

As I’m sure you can imagine, it could get very complex trying to add in a column of ‘this plugin can work with 1 instances but has problems with x amount’. Especially as no 2 plugins are the same. And similarly, different period sizes would allow different amounts of plugins to work correctly and all of a sudden, it is suddenly a huge undertaking!

A thread per plugin isn’t a bad idea but that would instantly create thousands of threads, that I can imagine a lot of people may not spend the time to search for.

We are looking into the Silence in particular, to understand better, but the current finding is that when running several instances and viewing the plugin, it can’t process the audio in the time available. We will of course delver deeper.

I’ll feed back to the team about the ‘contact support’, we are always balancing ways to deliver our customers with accurate information, but also want to ensure it doesn’t become out of date quickly. Especially with new releases, new fixes, new plugins.

From your original post, we love your ‘plugin tested’ category idea, and are looking to implement it, we are just trying to find the time in the day at the moment. Our current focus is all things, cuelists and snapshots, updates to follow!