Please elaborate on the Digico mode in the cue tab

Hi there,

I understand what is written in the section but it leaves me with some questions about How?

Situation: fourier audio connected to dante64 card in DMI 1 audio is up and running with plugins working.

-Does the midii communicates over the dante dmi card ? (if I select “digico” in transform app and DMI1 in the options tab> fourier audio on the digico?)
Or do i have to connect the midi in out with the midi in-out from the desk? Or do i have to connect the control port of the fourier audio with the ethernet port of the desk?
Do i need to do stuff in the OSC/external communication window on the desk (like setting a communication port or load a library?

-Does the fourier audio> DMI1 selection on the option page already trigger/activate any functionality or is this for future updates?

Of course i can check out every possibility mentioned above with various midi channel settings and so on, but some help/explanation will probably speed up the process by days:)

Thank You,

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the message.

You can find the documentation for the DiGiCo MIDI mode here.

In answer to your specific questions:

• The MIDI only communicates over MIDI DIN Cable, and in the case of DiGiCo mode, this would be connected from the MIDI OUT of the console, and MIDI IN into the transform.engine.
  • There is no need to do any OSC configuration as the transform.engine doesn’t currently support OSC.
  • That setting is there in advance of the DiGiCo integration that will be released in a future release of DiGiCo software. I dont believe it currently does anything.

You can also use Note On and PC messages - all of which can be outputted from the console. Please refer to the console manual for further details.

Also please note that when using DiGiCo MIDI mode, you’ll likely need to select Channel 16 as this is the default for DiGiCo consoles on Controllers 16-19.

Thanks,
Henry

1 Like