Plugin Performance Issues and Preset Switching on Fourier Audio with DiGiCo Quantum 338

Hi everyone,

I’m a user from Shanghai, China, and I’m currently using Fourier Audio with a DiGiCo Quantum 338.

I’d like to ask whether anyone else has experienced significant plugin lag when using the system, especially with Slate Digital plugins and some SSL plugins.

In some cases, the interface becomes so laggy that I can’t even move the mouse properly inside the plugin window or drag controls smoothly. When I use the main screen of the DiGiCo Quantum 338 to operate the plugins, the lag seems to be even worse.

This has a major impact on my workflow and efficiency during live shows. For example, when monitoring VU meters or spectrum analyzers, the display refresh rate can sometimes drop to single-digit FPS, making the visual feedback extremely choppy.

Is this a known issue that can be fixed, or could it be something specific to my computer or system setup?

I also have another question regarding channel strip presets.

What is the fastest way to switch presets on a channel strip? In the past, when I was using Waves, I often needed to switch presets during live performances because we sometimes have more than ten singers but not enough microphones. I therefore need to be able to quickly switch between different plugin chains/types, as well as different presets within the plugins.

At the moment, it seems that this workflow isn’t really supported. Would it be possible to add a feature that allows users to quickly switch plugin chains and plugin presets during a live show?

Thanks in advance for any advice or feedback!

Hi,

Firstly, apologies for the delay in approving your post, it was incorrectly flagged by our system.

Single-digit FPS is not expected behaviour. I believe you’ve already been in contact with Fourier Support so I will leave this in their capable hands, but this kind of behaviour can indicate that something is stalling one of the background processing cores.

For preset switching, plugin presets can be recalled using Snapshots. These can also be updated across different cues, which should help with quickly switching between singers or different plugin configurations during a show.

I’ll add the relevant documentation link here:

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Ross
Product Specialist